¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
Conectarse

Recuperar mi contraseña

Sondeo

¿Irías al 'Lado.B' temprano si el DJ invitado comenzara su set antes de lo habitual?

Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Vote_lcap89%Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Vote_rcap 89% [ 66 ]
Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Vote_lcap11%Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Vote_rcap 11% [ 8 ]

Votos Totales : 74

Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records]

Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Empty Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records]

Mensaje por JoeFisher Jue Jul 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Out Now @ Beatport
Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [QR031]

Label: Quimika Records
Release Date: 1st of July
Tracks:
01. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (Original Mix)
02. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (Grunjah Remix)
03. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (Bisquit Plum Remix)
04. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (Joe Fisher & The Second Remix)
05. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (MikeE Remix)
06. Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo (Mj Motta Remix)
Cover:
Out Now! Mike Cotgrave - Cadejo EP [Quimika Records] Covercadejo

Preview
http://www.progressivehouse.com/reviews/1225

Beatport Link
https://www.beatport.com/es-ES/html/content/track/catalog/?labelId=10543&contextType=labels&contextEntityId=10543&orderBy=trackPublishDate%20DESC%2C%20releaseId%20DESC

Review
Following releases from label head Federico Giust and MJ Motta, this moody progressive slow burner from the Quimika new blood and a selection of remixes from the Quimika barracks offers a little bit of everything.

Almost as if he’s spliced two tracks into one, Mike Cotgrave's ”Cadejo” is a moody opus of beats and clicks that begins with an alarm - a warning to the listener that as with his “Further South,” your journey is about to begin. Cotgrave is especially adept at layering his tracks and as one effect finishes three others have already begun and filter through to drive the track along towards a crescendo. But Cotrgrave takes it down a notch, adding a slow tribal feel before a funky, jazz piano gives the track and addictive lick while those layers keep building and building to a big room progressive bassline that takes the track home. For a second release, Cotgrave is skillful at creating driving hooks and he isn’t afraid to show his experimental side.

While Mike Cotgrave tinkers away methodically in a dark corner, twisting and tweaking, Grunjah gets loose with the bass and zooming synths before adding a tight bassline. His mix turns out to be a fun-loving peak-timer, with plenty of energy and the addictive lick prominent throughout to drive the tune. A storming track.

Bisquit Plum's remix begins as moody as the original, adding warped sounds to the unstable beat. A few claps and twists and turns aside the track is similar in style to the original, although the warped sounds prevail making it a heavier remix if compared to the previous one. However, this is a remix that has its own high merits and the mood of this tune is intense with the warps and the bassline. Some low-key magic here.

Joe Fisher & The Second remix is a no holds bared tech machine with a hard beat, tight snares and an infectious lick to rival that of the original. Great driving effects, a clicking melody, and that infectious loop build to create a great atmospheric prog tune.

Mike E begins with the original’s second half bassline to rock the speakers, before stripping it down to a moody beat and groovin’ bassline. Intermittent blips add some glitchin’ prowess before a weird vocal sample and more clicks create a tribal feel. This is cool tech house that makes similar use of the hook before a buildup delivers a stomping finish.

MJ Motta's remix strays far from the original, not in itself a bad thing if done to better effect. Motta instead gives the impression he’s focused on getting his sound heard rather than working to offer a lively set of remixes that showcases the original concept. Motta's remix, the layout, form and sounds of this mix are not very agreeable until they are all working together, which takes around 5 minutes.

Final Prognosis: Mike Cotgrave has raised the bar for himself and after just two releases he has set the standard high. For the most part the remixes, particularly Grunjah’s and Joe Fisher's mixes, have produced hugely enjoyable killer tracks leaving Quimika with a bevy of talent on their books.

Comments from MyPromoPool.com:
"Original mix is rocking, love this" - 4.5 / 5
Peter McGill (N. Ireland)
(Freaks Culture Records, Monu Digital, Twister Tunes, Forza Records, ET-radio, 1mix radio)

"Grunjah mix has a cool quirky pumpin drive, MikeE mix is deep driving and techy" - 3.5 / 5
Kris B (USA)
(Armada, Baroque, GU, Nightshade Music, DI.fm)

"Great release. original is perfect for my sets, support. many other fine remix too." - 5.0 / 5
KyneticS (Manuel) (Italy)
(DanceRadio.gr - Rosa Dei Venti Club - Monumento - Paips Café - Il Clan)

"top stuff " - 3.5 / 5
Dingle (Northern Ireland)
(baroque/Bellarine/Airport Route/kickroach/Bonzai Limited)

"Love the original, MJ Motta and especially the Grunjah!! Nice bouncy prog tech with character" - 4.5 / 5
SAMSARA (USA)
(Global Frequencies / KGB - Sullivan Room)

"good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - 2.5 / 5
DJ Rodrigo Brito (Brazil)

"an enormous release here! filled with great tracks! my favorite of those is mj motta remix wich has an infectious, techy and tribalistic groove. a real bomb! i love it so much! " - 4.5 / 5
Jim_Star (Canada)
(www.alicemanagement.com ; no sound)

"Remix from Grunjah is very nice!!!" - 4.0 / 5
Dimmi Moralez (Ukraine)
(Zaporozhye Trance Generation, Clip Club, Mix Club, EnergyTime Promo, Lux FM)

"Joe Fisher & The Second Remix builds some nice energy with techier sounds." - 3.0 / 5
Haroun Omar (USA)
(friskyradio.com, mix2r.fm)

"Original and Grunjah Remix for me, great tracks" - 4.0 / 5
Chris Drifter (Hungary)
(SoundTribe Rekords, Plastic Fantastic, Existence, Pure.Fm, Danceradio.Gr)

"Pumping release, Original and remixes are all ear grabbers. A pack you have to have! !!Nice One!!" - 4.0 / 5
f.L.u.X (South Africa)
(Classic Corner Headquarters, A la Carte Productions, Collective Consciousness Productions. Static Pr)

"High quality material throughout. " - 4.0 / 5
s007ii - subRoutine (Canada)
(ProgressiveHouse.com / RK2 Podcast / 1mixRadio(UK) / Underground Radio)

"Original is a cool hypnotic piece! some nice remixes to compliment original aswell...nice pack!" - 4.0 / 5
Sasha Le Monnier [ C.O.U. Muzik ] (UK)
(Source Of Gravity/Ascension Records/Nightshade Music /Balkan Connection/Pangea Recordings/Bellarine)

More Feedbacks
"Thanx for the promo"
Luis Nieva

"I Like original! Very good drive track"
Anatoly Betskov (Freza)

"Thanks for this promo, I've chosen the original and Grunjah remix, also liked MikeE remix"
D-Phrag

"Mj Motta mix for me. Solid EP, thanks!"
Parrket /Feldraum

"Massive stuff, basically I like all versions, you have done a fantastic job"
Daniel Méhes

"Cadejo Mike E remix has my support. I'll play it on my July podcast"
Elias Jr

"Thank you so much for this excellent promo stuff. Cool remixes in the same pack. I will play it for sure"
Ariel Curtis

http://www.quimikarecords.com/

JoeFisher
-
-

Masculino
Cantidad de envíos : 79
Lugar de residencia : Buenos Aires
Actividades : Dj, Productor, Radio Host, Area Sur A&R
Estilos Favoritos de M.E. : Tech House, Techno, Progressive

http://www.djjoefisher.com.ar